Friday, January 9, 2009

Who am I part 2

I must clarify the bible verse Matthew 6:24, “You can’t serve two masters.” It is important to be awakened. Awakened to the positive. Awakened leads you to being whole, unity and oneness with God and humanity. To be asleep is to let the Ego run your life. To let the Ego be in charge of all your experiences and make your important decisions. We believe it is real and we breathed life into it because that is all we knew at the time to do. Anytime you are in the negative state and feel you are separate or have loss then you are seeing, feeling, hearing and believing through the “Me” the Ego state of mind. Which means you are serving the negative master. You are finding your value through the Ego.

Understand the two tracks. God is in the positive track and the Ego represents the negative track. It isn’t money or wealth that we are serving. It is the representation that we find false values when we are listening to the negative Ego. We look for things to complete us. If we are using the function (labels - money, title, mother, teacher) as our identity then we are falsely mistaking who we really are. We get lost in the Ego and become the ego.

The ego part of us looked outside of ourselves to create our identity. The ego wants to feel complete. It feels separated. It uses labels to create an identity and to find out if people are friend or foe. The ego creates scenarios because it believes that it is under attack. It believes that the world is an unsafe place and will go into the fight or flight response mode. It has to do with basic instinct to survive (which hasn’t evolved yet.) We have come along way from being exposed to the elements (cave man days) to the fast efficiencies of today. The outside is still a threat but now it is hard to determine what is the enemy. We don’t have to worry too much about animals attacking and harsh weather conditions. The ego has created different threats to deal with from stress at work, at home, everyday task, up to communicating with people in general. You constantly have to have your feelers out to make sure the territory that you claim is safe. Another reason is that we are taught as we grow up that it is about the outside of us that matters. From pleasing people, care what others think, be on your best behavior, someone is watching, and etc.

In order to find out what is safe or unsafe, we have to label people and situations and then put them on a scale from good to bad. I recently was sized up to a person’s belief. They came in the store and asked where is God in this? At first, I am thinking to myself, “Do you walk into every store and asked them that question before you buy?” Then he asked about me and what I do. Do I think that everything I do is a cure all? Then he goes on to how he is a religious man. My ego wanted to take offense to his questions. Why? Because my ego felt that it was being under attacked and went into defense mode. (Assumed he was judging me and was here to check me out to see if I am good or evil.) I fell for what my ego was saying and I quickly new that I was in the middle of a lesson. I knew that I had old programming here that needs to be resolved so I can evolve passed this. The ego was saying with proof that who I am and what I believe in is not accepted.

Thank goodness I know that there are many different perspectives to healing. The “I” in me wondered what nonsense of limited decisions and beliefs was I emotionally attached to. I could feel myself being sucked into the 40 thoughts per second of negative defensive condition ego thought pattern. I did my best to write the story down and label the feelings of emotions. Sometimes a feeling can’t be labeled but I certainly am able to see a clear picture that it is attached to. I can see, hear, and feel the evidence that the ego had collected throughout the years.

I felt that man or religion was here to either have to fix me, set me straight, save me, control me or get rid of me. My ego was prepared to fight back. You should have heard the words that was formulating in my head. It was ready to stand and fight this time. It started out by saying that just because I have a different opinion that is outside of your norm, then you all see me as a threat. The ego wanted to twist and turn the situation that just took place as a drama and it was assuming and judging. The feelings were all over the place.

Stay tuned for the rest of the story…

No comments:

Post a Comment